Due to growth and expansion of our presence in the Northwest Arkansas community, the Foundation is looking to add to its administrative support with a Staff Accountant that also has knowledge and experience with accounting, technology, and other operational systems. If you are new or early in your professional accounting career, we have a tremendous growth opportunity for you in an exciting, impactful, non-profit organization.
Key knowledge and skills needed to be successful include:
- Ensure that the assets of the Foundation are properly safeguarded.
- Understands and applies generally accepted accounting principles and standards of internal accounting control practices.
- Perform general accounting duties including reconciliations, general recording, and recordkeeping in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform accounts payable functions including processing vendor invoices, initiating payments, and validating proper accounting recording in the general ledger.
- Provide support for all Microsoft systems, QuickBooks, document management systems, email systems, backup systems, virus protection and other business operating systems as needed.
- Ensure information for tax filings, grant reconciliations and any other regulatory filings are properly organized, complete, and timely.
- Maintain proper personnel records including benefits and other critical information.
- Assist with annual reviews, monthly close process, and standard year-end accounting processes
- Conduct analysis comparing actual results to budgets and prior periods.
- Provide meaningful and actionable recommendations to improve the efficiencies of the Foundation.
- Prepare monthly financial recaps to the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and internal constituents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- At least 1 to 3 years of professional work experience in an accounting role
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office, especially in Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc.)
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, professional organization.
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Creative and fun with a strong work ethic
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org